Top 8 PHP Language Detection Libraries
by aswini1 Updated: Mar 16, 2023
PHP Language Detection Libraries are designed to detect languages and support different language options depending on the developer’s requirements. They use different methods and algorithms for identifying the language, like n-gram models, stopword detection, statistical analysis, and character frequency analysis. This library's primary feature is detecting a certain text's language.
PHP Language Detection Libraries support different languages and detect languages like English, Japanese, French, Chinese, German, Spanish, and others. These libraries are fast and efficient with low memory consumption and create minimal impact on the application's performance. Many PHP Language Detection libraries include character encoding detection capabilities that can detect the character encoding of the text and help improve the language detection accuracy. This is easy to use, can be integrated into applications easily, and offers simple APIs for detecting text language.
Here is the list of the top 8 PHP Language Detection Libraries handpicked to help developers identify different languages in their applications.
- A simple PHP library for the Google Translate API offers a simple interface for translating text and supports different languages.
- Allows customization of the translation parameters, like the target and source languages and the format of the translated text.
- Offers a caching mechanism that can improve the translation service's performance by reducing the number of requests to the Google Translate API.
🌐 Free Google Translate API PHP Package. Translates totally free of charge.
PHP 1527 Version:v5.1.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a popular PHP language detection library for language detection which offers a simple interface for detecting the text language.
- Uses a combination of methods and algorithms for identifying the language, like n-gram models, stopword detection, character frequency, and statistical analysis.
- Can be integrated with popular PHP libraries like Symfony and Laravel, making it easier to use language detection frameworks.
A language detection library for PHP. Detects the language from a given text string.
PHP 737 Version:v5.2.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Yii2 extension that offers localized URLs for multilingual web applications.
- Allows developers to create URLs that include the language code, making it easier for search engines to index and rank the pages accordingly.
- Offers a simple API for generating localized URLs and handling language switching.
Automatic locale/language management for URLs
PHP 389 Version:1.7.1 License: No License
- Is a PHP library that offers a simple interface for using the Google Translate API for translating text between languages.
- Is designed to be easy to use and supports multiple languages.
- Supports automatic language detection that can automatically detect the source text's language and translate it to the target language.
Library for free use Google Translator. With attempts connecting on failure and array support.
PHP 87 Version:1.0.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a PHP library that offers a simple interface for language detection using the Detect Language API.
- Is designed to be easy to use and integrate into applications to offer simple APIs for detecting the text language.
- Supports automatic language detection, which can detect the source text's language and translate it to the target language automatically.
Detect Language API PHP Client
PHP 44 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Laravel package that offers Natural Language Processing features to Laravel applications.
- Is built on top of the Standford CoreNLP library and offers a simple and easy-to-use interface to perform NLP tasks like named entity recognition, part-of-speech tagging, and sentiment analysis.
- Can perform sentiment analysis on the text that involves determining the emotion or sentiment conveyed by the text, like negative, positive, and neutral.
Laravel wrapper for common NLP tasks
PHP 44 Version:v0.40 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Symfony bundle that offers integration with the Google Cloud Translation API.
- Can translate text from one language to another and support various languages.
- Allows customization of the translation parameters, like the number of translations for performing and the confidence threshold for translation.
A Symfony bundle to deals with Google Translate API
PHP 42 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a PHP library that offers language detection features to PHP applications to detect given text with high accuracy.
- Allows customization of the language detection parameters like the confidence threshold for translation and the number of translations for performing.
- Supports Unicode text allowing it to detect the language of the text in various scripts and writing systems.
PHP library to identify human languages from text samples.
PHP 37 Version:Current License: No License