Loading and playing background music in Pygame
by kanika Updated: Mar 29, 2023
Loading and playing background music in Pygame means that you can load music or sound files into your Pygame program, and then play them while the game is running. This could be used to create a more immersive gaming experience or to add a soundtrack to your game.
Pygame is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language. Pygame is highly portable and runs on nearly every platform and operating system. It is one of the most popular libraries for game development with Python.
Here is an example of loading and playing background music in Pygame
In this solution, we use mixer class of Pygame.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Jupyter Notebook on your computer.
- Open terminal and install the required libraries with following commands.
- Install Pygame - pip install pygame.
- Copy the code using the "Copy" button above, and paste it into your IDE's Python file.
- Import pygame.
- Add pygame.mixer.init() for initializing mixer.
- Add your audio file.
- Run the file to get the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "Loading and playing background music in Pygame" in kandi. You can try any such use case!
🐍🎮 pygame (the library) is a Free and Open Source python programming language library for making multimedia applications like games built on top of the excellent SDL library. C, Python, Native, OpenGL.
C 6032 Version:2.4.0 License: No License
If you do not have Pygame that is required to run this code, you can install it by clicking on the above link and copying the pip Install command from the Pygame page in kandi.
You can search for any dependent library on kandi like pygame
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Python 3.9.6
- The solution is tested on pygame version 2.3.0
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.