Playing a sound file in Pygame means using the Pygame library to play audio files, such as MP3s, WAVs, or other audio formats. It involves loading the sound file into Pygame, setting up the audio channels, and then playing the sound through the program.
Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It is written on top of the excellent SDL library. This allows you to create fully featured games and multimedia programs in the Python language. Pygame is highly portable and runs on nearly every platform and operating system.
- To play sounds using Pygame, you must first import the pygame.mixer library.
- Once you have imported the library, you can use the pygame.mixer.Sound() function to create a sound object, which you can then call the play() method to play the sound.
- You can also use the pygame.mixer.music.load() and pygame.mixer.music.play() functions to play music in the background of your program.
Here is an example of playing sounds in a pygame.
In this solution, we play sounds in pygame.
import pygame lst = [ 'Before The Brave - Free.wav', # key 1 'Imagine Dragons - Demons.wav', # key 2 'Shinedown-How Did You Love.wav' # key 3 ] pygame.init() size = (250, 250) screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size) pygame.mixer.init() print("channel cnt",pygame.mixer.get_num_channels()) # max track count (8 on my machine) while True: pygame.time.Clock().tick(10) for event in pygame.event.get(): if event.type == pygame.QUIT: exit() idx = 0 keys = pygame.key.get_pressed() if keys[pygame.K_1]: idx = 1 if keys[pygame.K_2]: idx = 2 if keys[pygame.K_3]: idx = 3 if (idx): ch = pygame.mixer.find_channel() # find open channel, returns None if all channels used snd = pygame.mixer.Sound(lst[idx-1]) # create sound object, must be wav or ogg if (ch): ch.play(snd) # play on channel if available
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Jupyter Notebook on your computer.
- Open terminal and install the required libraries with following commands.
- Install pygame - pip install pygame.
- Copy the code using the "Copy" button above, and paste it into your IDE's Python file.
- Add the audios you want to play.
- Run the file to play sounds in pygame.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "Playing sounds in pygame" in kandi. You can try any such use case!
🐍🎮 pygame (the library) is a Free and Open Source python programming language library for making multimedia applications like games built on top of the excellent SDL library. C, Python, Native, OpenGL.
C 5849 Version:2.4.0.dev2 License: No License
If you do not have Pygame that is required to run this code, you can install it by clicking on the above link and copying the pip Install command from the Pygame page in kandi.
You can search for any dependent library on kandi like pygame
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Python 3.9.6
- The solution is tested on pygame version 2.3.0
Using this solution, we are able to create a new window with pygame. It is also used for creating graphical applications.