Pygame is a Python package used to create games and multimedia applications. It is based on the SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) library, which gives low-level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, and graphics hardware through OpenGL and Direct3D. Python developers may easily design games and multimedia apps using Pygame's high-level methods and classes. It has modules for graphics, sound, input processing, event handling, and other aspects. Pygame is a cross-platform application that runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, and other platforms.
You can change a Pygame window's caption by calling the pygame.display.set caption() function and provide the appropriate window caption as a string parameter.
fig1 Code depicting the function to set caption
fig2 Preview of the output obtained
In this solution, we have used display.set caption() for setting caption for the pygame window
import pygame pygame.init() gameDisplay = pygame.display.set_mode((400, 433)) pygame.display.set_caption('Pac Man') clock = pygame.time.Clock() background = pygame.image.load('/Path/To/Background.png') gameDisplay.blit(background, (100, 0)) run = True while run: for e in pygame.event.get(): if e.type == pygame.QUIT: run = False gameDisplay.blit(background, (0, 0)) pygame.display.update() pygame.quit() quit()
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Visual Studio Code in your computer.
- Install the required library by using the following command - pip install pygame.
- If your system is not reflecting the installation, try running the above command by opening windows powershell as administrator.
- Open the folder in the code editor, copy and paste the above kandi code snippet in the python file.
- The above code can also be used to display backround. if necessary, we can use that else comment the lines as shown in the image.
- Run the code using the run command.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "setting caption for pygame window" in kandi. You can try any such use case!
C 6066 Version:2.5.0.dev2 License: No License
If you do not have pygame that is required to run this code, you can install it by clicking on the above link and copying the pip Install command from the pygame page in kandi.
You can search for any dependent library on kandi like pygame.
- This code had been tested using python version 3.8.0
- pygame version 2.3.0 has been used.