Stopping a sound file in Pygame means that the playback of the sound file will be halted and no longer be audible.
- Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It is written on top of the SDL library. This will allow you to create featured games and multimedia programs in the Python language.
To stop a sound in Pygame, use the stop() method. This method can be used on any sound object and will stop the sound from playing. You can also use the fadeout() method, slowly decreasing the sound volume before stopping it.
- stop(): The stop() function is used to halt the playback of a sound or audio file.
- fadeout(): Fadeout() is a method of the pygame.mixer module. This method will fade the currently playing sound to silence over a given amount of time.
Here is an example of stopping a sound file in pygame.
In this solution, we stop sound files in pygame.
pygame.mixer.pause() pygame.mixer.unpause() pygame.mixer.Sound.set_volume(0) pygame.mixer.Channel.pause() pygame.mixer.Channel.unpause() pygame.mixer.Channel(id) pygame.mixer.Channel.play(Sound, loops=0, maxtime=0, fade_ms=0) free_channel = pygame.mixer.find_channel() free_channel.play(Sound) pygame.mixer.find_channel().play(Sound)
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Jupyter Notebook on your computer.
- Open terminal and install the required libraries with following commands.
- Install pygame - pip install pygame.
- Copy the code using the "Copy" button above, and paste it into your IDE's Python file.
- Add your sound that you want to stop.
- Run the file to play sounds in pygame.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "Stopping sounds in pygame" in kandi. You can try any such use case!
C 6066 Version:2.5.0.dev2 License: No License
If you do not have Pygame that is required to run this code, you can install it by clicking on the above link and copying the pip Install command from the Pygame page in kandi.
You can search for any dependent library on kandi like pygame
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Python 3.9.6
- The solution is tested on pygame version 2.3.0
Using this solution, we are able to create a new window with pygame. It is also used for creating graphical applications.