This kit is created to experiment with simplified versions of various classic arcade and educational games using python. The list of games experimented in this kit are as follows:
- Classic snake game
- Tile game
- Pong game
- Flappy bird game
- Pacman game
Python start-up game created using this kit is added in this section. The entire solution is available as a package to download from the source code repository.
- Download, extract and double-click kit installer file to install the kit.
- After successful installation of the kit, press 'Y' to run the kit and execute cells in the notebook.
- To run the kit manually, press 'N' and locate the zip file 'Python_Startup_Games'.
- Extract the zip file and navigate to the directory 'free-python-games'
- Open command prompt in the extracted directory 'free-python-games' and run the command 'jupyter notebook'
- Locate and open the 'freegames.ipynb' notebook from the Jupyter Notebook browser window.
- Execute cells in the notebook. Note: Demo source code will be downloaded to local machine. It is also available here.
Click on the button below to download the solution and follow the deployment instructions to begin set-up. This 1-click kit has all the required dependencies and resources you may need to build your Python Games.
VSCode and Jupyter Notebook can be used for development and debugging. Jupyter Notebook is a web-based interactive environment often used for experiments, whereas VSCode is used to get a typical experience of IDE for developers.
Below libraries helps to create a number of simple and interactive games in python.
Below utility libraries help for sorting, checking the style, syntax, and quality of code.
Python 2843 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
The libraries listed here can be used for unit testing as well as integration testing.
Python 10300 Version:7.3.2 License: Permissive (MIT)