PHP Map Libraries are designed to help developers display and manipulate maps on web pages using PHP. All PHP libraries offer ways to display maps on web pages. They provide different map styles, like satellite, terrain, and street views. These libraries offer customization options like changing map styles, adding custom data overlays, and customizing markers.
Most PHP map libraries will let developers place markers on the map, which will indicate points of interest or for identifying locations. We can customize those markers with different labels or icons. Geocoding will help convert addresses into latitude and longitude coordinates, and these libraries offer these features for developers to pinpoint locations on the map. These libraries offer functionality for helping users in planning trips and getting directions. They offer support when you want to add layers to the map. They offer APIs for developers to integrate the map functionality into their applications.
Here is the list of the top 7 PHP Map Libraries handpicked to help developers integrate their maps with their applications.
- Is a PHP library that offers an easy-to-use and simple interface for MaxMind’s GeoIP2 database.
- Offers accurate and detailed information about the geographic location of IP addresses.
- Allows PHP developers to easily integrate MaxMind’s GeoIP2 databases directly into their web applications.
PHP API for GeoIP2 webservice client and database reader
PHP 2150 Version:v2.13.0 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Is a PHP library that offers an easy-to-use interface to work with geographic coordinates like latitude and longitude.
- Includes classes for working with bounding boxes, polygons, points, and conversion between coordinate systems and distance calculation.
- Is designed to be lightweight and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for developers who need to work with geographic coordinates in their PHP applications.
- Is a PHP library that offers various tools for working with geographic data like geographic projections, geometrics, and coordinates.
- Includes classes for workings with polygons, points, lines, and other geometric shapes and methods for transforming between different coordinate projections and systems.
- Is a useful tool for PHP developers who want to work with geographic data in their applications.
Geo-related tools PHP 7.3+ library built atop Geocoder and React libraries
PHP 1311 Version:1.1.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a PHP library that offers various tools for working with geographic spatial databases and data.
- Includes support for spatial data types and functions and integration with popular spatial databases like PostGIS.
- Includes classes for working with lines, points, polygons, and other shapes and methods for calculating areas, the intersection between shapes, and distances.
PHP library that helps to map any input into a strongly-typed value object structure.
PHP 964 Version:1.3.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a PHP library that offers tools to work with geographic data like geographic geometrics, projections, and coordinates.
- Support for different coordinate projections and systems, including popular systems like UTM, Lambert Conformal Conic, and WGS84.
- Supports various coordinate projections and systems and their geometry transformation and class methods, making it a powerful tool for working with geographic data.
- Is a PHP library that offers geocode and reverse geocoding services to Laravel applications.
- Uses popular geocoding services like Bing Maps, OpenStreetMap, and Google Maps for converting place names or addresses into geographic coordinates and vice versa.
- Includes caching functionality that helps improve the performance of geocoding requests by caching the results of previous requests.
Geocoder service provider for Laravel
PHP 532 Version:4.4.5 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a PHP client library for the Google Maps API, making it easy to integrate into your application.
- Offers a straightforward way to access different services offered by Google Maps, like directions, distance matrix, and geocoding.
- Offers support for directions that allows developers to retrieve directions between two or more locations.
Collection of Google Maps API Web Services for Laravel
PHP 470 Version:v10.0.1 License: Permissive (MIT)