Here are the best open-source Python Bluetooth libraries for your applications. You can use it for developing Bluetooth-enabled applications on Windows, Linux, and macOS, as well as smartphones.
Several libraries in Python provide access to the Bluetooth stack on various platforms. It enables Python developers to create Bluetooth-enabled applications for different operating systems. You can also find libraries that support the Bluetooth libraries Low Energy (BLE) protocol, which is designed for low-power devices. Moreover, Python libraries support the classic Bluetooth and BLE protocols. Most Bluetooth libraries provide a clean and easy-to-use interface for developers to build applications faster. So, whether you are developing a simple Bluetooth-enabled application or a complex system, you can find the right Python Bluetooth library to meet your needs.
We have handpicked the top and tending open-source Python Bluetooth libraries that offer various capabilities for Bluetooth communication, making it an excellent choice for your applications.
- Used to access the host machine’s Bluetooth resources.
- Supports various platforms, including Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and macOS.
- Can be installed with compatibility with Python 2.7 and 3.
- Used for device and service discovery, sending, and receiving files, and more.
- A simple and easy-to-use Bluetooth library.
- Provides a clean interface for developers.
- Supports both classic Bluetooth and BLE protocols.
- Used for analyzing Bluetooth traffic.
- It’s a Bluetooth protocol analysis tool.
- Provides a comprehensive and easy-to-use interface.
- Used for file transfer over Bluetooth.
- Offers network communication between Bluetooth and infrared devices.
- Provides support for the Object Exchange (OBEX) protocol.
- Used to access Bluetooth Low Energy devices from Python.
- Provides a simple and easy-to-use interface for BLE communication.
- Works on Python 2.7, 3.3, and 3.4.
pybluez | mbasta:
- Used to access a system’s Bluetooth resources.
- Allows detecting nearby Bluetooth devices, enabling SDP services, etc.
- Works with GNU/Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- Used to discover and connect to Bluetooth devices.
- Offers compatibility for Android backend with python-for-android.
- Supports reading, writing, and getting notifications from GATT servers.
- Provides an asynchronous, cross-platform Python API.
- Used as a pure-Python implementation of a Bluetooth LE host stack.
- Provides a simple and easy-to-use interface for Bluetooth communication.
- Uses PyUSB to communicate with standard Bluetooth USB dongles.