How to Check Whether a Column Contains a Specific Value in DataFrame
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Jan 31, 2023
A pandas DataFrame is a two-dimensional, size-mutable, and heterogeneous tabular data structure with labeled axes. It is like a spreadsheet, SQL table, or a dict of Series objects.
There are several ways to check for a specific value in a pandas DataFrame column.
- Using the isin() method: You can use the isin() method to check if a specific value exists in a column. The isin() method returns a Boolean mask that can be used to filter the DataFrame.
- Using the eq() method: You can use the eq() method to check if a specific value exists in a column. The eq() method returns a Boolean mask that can be used to filter the DataFrame.
- Using the any() method: You can use the any() method to check if a specific value exists in a column.
- Using the == operator: You can use the == operator to check if a specific value exists in a column.
- Using the loc or at: You can use the loc method to check if a specific value exists in a column.
You may have a look at the code given below for checking a specific value in Pandas DataFrame columns.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we're using Pandas library.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install pandas on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Add required dependencies and import them in Python file.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to check for a specific value in pandas dataframe column' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
- Pandas version-v1.5.2.
Using this solution, we are able to check the specific value in pandas dataframe column with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to check the specific value in pandas dataframe column.
Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more
Python 38499 Version:v2.0.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.