The iloc function in Pandas is used for integer-location-based indexing, which means we can select rows and columns in a DataFrame based on their numerical indices. The iloc function allows us to select specific columns by their index position. It is one of the primary methods of indexing and selecting data in Pandas DataFrame.
To select columns using iloc, we need to specify the rows and columns we want to select. The general syntax for selecting columns using iloc is: df.iloc[:, column_indices]
- df is the DataFrame we want to select columns from
- : selects all rows in the DataFrame
- column_indices is a list of integers representing the indices of the columns we want to select
iloc provides a flexible and efficient way to select and manipulate subsets of data in a Pandas DataFrame based on their integer position or index. It is a powerful method that can help in various data manipulation tasks. This can be useful when working with a subset of columns in a DataFrame.
Here is an example of how to select a column using the iloc function:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code.
In this code we have used Dataframe.iloc Function . This function is used for positions or integer based
- Copy this code using "Copy" button above and paste it in your Python ide
- Import Pandas library of python.
- Run the code to get a Selection of column
I hope you have found this useful. I have added the dependent library and version information in the following section.
I found this code snippet by searching "Pandas select Separate columns" in kandi. you can try any use case.
Python 38689 Version:v2.0.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
If you do not have Pandas that is required to run this code you can install it by clicking on th above link and copying the pip install command from the pandas page in Kandi. You can search for any dependent library in Kandi like Pandas.
In this solution we have used the following versions. Be mindful to change when working with other versions.
- This solution is created and tested using Vscode version 1.75.1
- This solution is created using Python version 3.7.15
- This solution is Tested using Pandas 1.5.2
Using this solution we can able to select a column in dataframe using Pandas library in python with simple Steps. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us select a column in Dataframe Index from column in Python.