Concatenate Pandas Dataframe Preferentially
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Feb 10, 2023
They are typically created by reading data from a file or database or defining it directly in the code.
There are several ways to concatenate DataFrames in pandas, and the preferred method may depend on the specific use case and the structure of the data. Here are a few common methods:
- pd.concat(): This function concatenates DataFrames along a particular axis (rows or columns) and returns a new DataFrame. By default, it concatenates along rows (axis=0), but you can specify axis=1 to concatenate along columns.
- pd.append(): This function appends rows of one DataFrame to another and returns a new DataFrame. It is equivalent to pd.concat([df1, df2], axis=0).
- df1.append(df2): This method is similar to pd.append() and appends rows of one DataFrame to another and returns a new DataFrame.
- pd.merge(): This function joins two DataFrames based on one or more common columns (keys). It returns a new DataFrame containing only those rows with matching values in the specified key columns.
- pd.join(): This function is similar to pd.merge(), but it is used to join DataFrames based on their index instead of columns.
For more information about preferentially concatenating pandas DataFrame, please look at the code below.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we're using Pandas library.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install pandas on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Add required dependencies and import them in Python file(import pandas).
- Add print statement at end of the code(refer preview of the output).
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to concatenate Pandas dataframe preferentially' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
- Pandas version-v1.5.2.
Using this solution, we are able to concatenate pandas dataframe preferentially with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to concatenate pandas dataframe preferentially.
Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more
Python 38499 Version:v2.0.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.