A list is a collection of items of any data type, including strings. A string is a sequence of characters that can be defined using single or double quotes. A string in a list refers to an element within a list that is of a data type string. Converting an array to a string in a list using pandas, you can use the “apply” method on the pandas DataFrame and pass in a lambda function that converts the array to a string using the “str” function.
- apply: The apply method takes in a function as its argument and applies it to each element in the DataFrame or Series. The function can be a built-in Python function, a lambda function, or a user-defined function.
- str: In Python, the str() function converts a value of any data type to a string. The str() function is a built-in Python function that can be used on any value, such as numbers, Booleans, lists, etc.
For better knowledge of converting an array to a string in a list using Pandas, you may have a look at the code below.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we're using Pandas library.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install pandas on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Add required dependencies and import them in Python file.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to convert array to string in list using pandas' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
- Pandas version-v1.5.2.
Using this solution, we are able to convert array to string using pandas with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to convert array to string using pandas.
Python 38689 Version:v2.0.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)