How to Extract NumPy arrays from Specific Column in pandas Pandas DataFrame
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Jan 31, 2023
There are several ways to extract columns from a pandas DataFrame.
- One of the common ways is to use the "" operator to select a single column by its name.
- : The  operator is used for various purposes, including indexing, slicing, and list comprehension. When used for indexing, the  operator allows you to access a specific element of a list, tuple, or other iterable objects by its index position.
- You can also use ".loc" or ".iloc" to select columns by index or name.
- loc: With .loc, you can select columns by names.
- iloc: With .iloc, you can select columns by index.
- You can also use the method .filter, which allows selecting columns matching a certain pattern.
- filter: In pandas, the filter() method is used to select columns from a DataFrame based on certain criteria. The method takes a single argument, a string, regex, or a callable, and returns a new DataFrame containing only the columns that match the given criteria.
For better knowledge of extracting arrays to columns using Pandas, you may have a look at the code below.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we're using Pandas library.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install pandas on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Add required dependencies and import them in Python file.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'extract array to columns using pandas' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
- Pandas version-v1.5.2.
Using this solution, we are able to extract array to columns using pandas with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to extract array to columns using pandas.
Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more
Python 37415 Version:v2.0.0rc1 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.