A CSV (Comma Separated Values) file is used to store data that has been tabulated, with each row denoting a record and each column denoting a field inside that record. The values within each record are separated by commas, hence the name "Comma Separated Values."
CSV files can be read by a wide range of programs, some of which are as follows:
- Data exploration and visualization: Pandas offers a number of techniques for quickly exploring and viewing the data after it has been cleaned and imported into a DataFrame.
- Data Export: Using the Pandas to csv(), to excel(), and to json() methods, the DataFrame may be readily exported to a number of file formats, such as CSV, Excel, and JSON.
- Data Transformation: A DataFrame can be transformed with Pandas in various ways, like adding new columns, removing columns, filling in missing values, and so on.
- Interfacing with SQL and other databases: CSV files can be loaded into SQL databases, and Pandas can be used to interact with SQL databases and retrieve data from them.
- Data Pipeline Automation: Pandas can be used in conjunction with other libraries such as Numpy and Scikit-Learn to automate data pipelines.
Here is how you can read a CSV file in Pandas Python:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we used pandas library of python.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output successfully:
- Download and install PyCharm on your Computer.
- Create new python file in your IDE.
- Copy the code using the "Copy" button above, and paste it in a Python file.
- Install Pandas from settings (python interpreter).
- Change the path of the filename.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "Read CSV file in Pandas Python"in kandi. You can try any such use case
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Python 3.11.1 Version
- The solution is tested on pandas 1.5.2 Version
Using this solution, we can Read CSV file in Pandas Python.This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code in python.
Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more
Python 37415 Version:v2.0.0rc1 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
If you do not have pandas library that is required to run this code, you can install it by clicking on the above link.
You can search for any dependent library on kandi like pandas.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page