Noun Classification using Spacy
by vigneshchennai74 Updated: Jan 31, 2023
In SpaCy, you can use the part-of-speech (POS) tagging functionality to classify words as nouns. POS tagging is the process of marking each word in a text with its corresponding POS tag.
Numerous uses for noun classification using SpaCy include:
- Information Extraction: You can extract important details about the subjects discussed in a document, such as individuals, organizations, places, etc., by identifying the nouns in the text.
- Text summarization: You can extract the key subjects or entities discussed in a text and use them to summarize the text by selecting important nouns in the text.
- Text classification: You can categorize a text into different categories or themes by determining the most prevalent nouns in the text.
- Text generation: You can create new material that is coherent and semantically equivalent to the original text by identifying the nouns in a text and the relationships between them.
- Named Entity Recognition (NER): SpaCy provides built-in support for NER, which can be used to extract entities from text with high accuracy.
- Query Expansion
- Language Translation
Here is how you can perform noun classification using SpaCy:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE
in this solution we have used Spacy library.
- Copy the code using the "Copy" button above, and paste it in a Python file in your IDE.
- Enter the text that need to be noun classification.
- Run the program to get Nouns from the given text.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for "Noun Classification using Spacy " in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Python 3.7.15 version
- The solution is tested on Spacy 3.4.3 version
Using this solution, we are able to collect the noun separately in the text with the help of Spacy Library in python. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to collect Nouns using Python.
💫 Industrial-strength Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Python
Python 25560 Version:v3.5.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.