How to Access a Value in Python Dictionary
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Feb 1, 2023
In Python, you can access the elements in a dictionary by following methods:
- To retrieve the value connected to a particular key, use the square bracket notation "".
- The "get()" function can also be used to retrieve dictionary items.
- get(): The dictionary's built-in Python get() function enables you to obtain the value associated with a particular key without throwing a KeyError if the key cannot be located in the dictionary.
- The "in keyword" may also be used to determine whether a key is included in the dictionary.
- in keyword: In Python, the in keyword is used to check if a specific item or value is present in a collection, such as a list, tuple, string, or dictionary.
- You can use the “keys()” method to access all the keys in a dictionary and the “values()” method to access all the values.
- keys(): In Python, the keys() method is a built-in method of dictionaries that returns a view object containing the keys of the dictionary.
- values(): In Python, the values() method is a built-in method of dictionaries that returns a view object containing the dictionary’s values.
Please review the code below to access elements in Python.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install python on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to access elements in Python dictionary' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
Using this solution, we are able to access elements in python dictionary with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to access elements in python dictionary.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.