A node js web application framework that provides broad features for building web and mobile applications is Express. It is mainly used to build a single page, multipage, and hybrid web application and it is a layer built on the top of the Node js that helps manage servers and routes in it.
Express is a back-end web application framework for building RESTful APIs with Node. js and released as free and open-source software under the MIT License. All HTTP request methods such as get, post, and so on are supported by Express and there is a special routing method app. all() which is used to load middleware functions at a path for all HTTP request methods.
Some popular companies reportedly use ExpressJS:
- Client Platform.
Here is an example of how to build your first web server in ExpressJS:
Fig: Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Visual Studio Code on your computer.
- Open a new folder.
- Install - npm init --yes(to install json package file).
- Install - npm install --save express.
- Create a new JS file(eg: express.js).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it into that JS file.
- Save the file and open a new terminal, use the 'node filename(express.js)' command to get the output.
Note: I have used port address 3000 instead 8080 because port address 8080 is already running on my computer.
I hope you found this helpful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'node express start' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created and tested in Visual Studio Code 1.74.1.
- ExpressJS version - 1.0.0.
Using this solution, we are able to build our first web server in ExpressJS with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to build our first web server in ExpressJS.