How to Print Colored Text in Python
by vigneshchennai74 Updated: Jan 31, 2023
By employing special characters or escape sequences, it may be possible to alter the color of text generated by the "print" command in various computer languages. In Python, the ANSI escape code is used to change color, like the ANSI escape code "033[0;31m" can be used to make text red and "033[0m" to make text return to its default color.
Changing the color of output when using the print command can be useful in a variety of applications, such as:
- Terminal and command-line applications: Outputting text in various colors might make command-line application output simpler to read and comprehend.
- Web development: Colored output can be used in web development to give visual clues to web sites; for example, different sorts of links or buttons might be color-coded to make them easier to find.
- Debugging: Different forms of debugging information can be distinguished using colored output.
- Data visualization: Using colored output, specific patterns or trends in the data can be highlighted.
- Video games: Different types of characters or objects can be color-coded to make them easier to identify from one another in games using colored output.
Here is how you can change the output color using the print command:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code in your IDE
In this solution we have used Os module from python
- Copy this code using "Copy "button above and paste it in your python file IDE
- Run the code to get the texts coloured.
I have searched using "Changing output color when using print Command" in Kandi. you can try any use case
I have tested this solution with following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions
- This solution is created and executed in Python 3.9 version
Using this solution we able to color the text while click print Command with the help of os module. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us color the text in Python.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.