A user input refers to any data or instructions that a user enters into a computer program or system. This can include text, numbers, selections from a menu or list, or other data types.
You can convert user input to a set in Python using the built-in “set()” function, “input()” function, and “split()” function.
- set function: Python’s set() function creates a new set object. A set is a collection of unique elements, meaning no element can appear more than once in a set.
- input function: The input() function in Python is used to get input from the user. It is a built-in function that allows a program to receive input from the user a string.
- split function: A string can be divided into a list of substrings depending on a delimiter using the split() method in Python. The delimiter is a character or a string that separates the substrings in the original string. The default delimiter is any whitespace character, such as a space or a tab.
You may have a look at the code given below to knowing more about converting user input to a set in Python;
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install python on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'How to convert an user input to a set in python' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
Using this solution, we are able to convert an user input to a set in python with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to convert an user input to a set in python.