In Python, to convert or cast a string into an integer, we can use the int() built-in function, and this function takes in as a parameter the initial string we want to convert, and it returns the integer equivalent of the value we passed. The syntax is int("str").
To convert a string in a tuple into an integer, we have two different methods:
- We can use the method tuple() and int(), and to extract the elements from the given string tuple, we can use replace() and split() method.
- Another way is to solve the problem using the eval() method, which will directly perform the conversion internally in Python.
Python's one built-in function is the tuple() function that converts any sequence object to a tuple, and if it is a string, then each character is treated as a string and inserted in a tuple separated by commas. Suppose any non-sequence object as an argument results in TypeError. The lambda() function and the reduce() function can be used when we are required to convert a tuple into an integer. A function that is defined without a name is anonymous. This combination of functions can be used to perform this task.
- replace(): It is a specified phrase with another specified phrase. If nothing else is specified, all phrase occurrences will be replaced.
- slip(): It splits a string into a list, and we can specify the separator. The default separator is any whitespace.
Here is an example of how to convert a string in a tuple into an integer in Python:
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install python on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to convert string in an a tuple into an integer' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
Using this solution, we are able to convert string in an tuple into an integer with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to convert string in an tuple into an integer.