Finding duplicates in a list and creating a new list with duplicate values is a useful technique that can help you clean up data, debug programs, perform accurate analyses, and helps in:
- Data cleaning: When working with data, you might have a list of entries that are supposed to be unique, but some entries might have been entered twice or more. Finding and removing duplicates can help you clean up your data and prevent errors later.
- Debugging: If you're working on a program producing unexpected results, you might suspect that duplicate values cause the problem in a list. Finding the duplicates can help you identify and fix the problem's source.
- Analysis: If you're analyzing data and you want to find the most common values, you should first identify if there are any duplicates in the list. If there are, you can remove them to get an accurate count of the unique values.
The collections module in Python provides alternatives to built-in data types that offer additional functionality. One of the classes provided by the collections module is Counter, which is used for counting the occurrences of items in a list or iterable. The Counter class provides a dictionary-like object where the keys are the items in the list or iterable, and the values are the counts of the number of times each item appears. The Counter class provides several methods for working with these counts.
Here is an example of finding duplicates in a list and creating a new one.
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code.
In this solution we have used counter function of collection module in python
- Copy this code using "Copy" button above and paste it in your Python ide
- Run the code to create a list with repeated items from another list
I hope you have found this useful. I have added the version information in the following section.
I found this code snippet by searching "i need to create a list only with the repeated items from another list"in kandi. you can try any use case.
Use print command in 9th line to print the Output. Like print (Top_Movies)
In this solution we have used the following versions. Be mindful to change when working with other versions.
- This solution is created and tested using Vscode version 1.75.1
- This solution is created using Python version 3.7.15
Using this solution we can able to create list with repeated items from another list in python with simple Steps. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to create a list with repeated items from another list in python.