How to Create a list of numbers using a for loop in Python
by vigneshchennai74 Updated: Feb 21, 2023
A list is a fundamental data structure in Python that allows you to store a collection of values. It is an ordered, mutable, and heterogeneous data structure, which means you can add, remove, and modify elements in the list, and the elements can be of different types.
Lists are very useful in programming because they allow you to group related data together and manipulate it as a single entity. For example, if you have a list of numbers, you can easily perform mathematical operations on the entire list or extract specific values from it. You can also use lists to store collections of strings, objects, or other data types.
Some common operations that you can perform on lists in Python include:
- Accessing elements by index
- Adding and removing elements from the list
- Slicing the list to extract a portion of it
- Concatenating or merging multiple lists
- Sorting the list in ascending or descending order
- Iterating over the list using loops
In Python, range() is a built-in function that allows you to generate a sequence of integers within a specified range. The range() function can be used in multiple ways:
- range(stop): This generates a sequence of integers starting from 0 (inclusive) up to stop (exclusive). For example, range(5) generates the sequence [0, 1, 2, 3, 4].
- range(start, stop): This generates a sequence of integers starting from start (inclusive) up to stop (exclusive). For example, range(2, 7) generates the sequence [2, 3, 4, 5, 6].
- range(start, stop, step): This generates a sequence of integers starting from start (inclusive) up to stop (exclusive), incrementing by step each time. For example, range(0, 10, 2) generates the sequence [0, 2, 4, 6, 8].
The range() function returns a range object, which is iterable that generates the sequence of integers on demand. To convert the range object to a list, you can pass it to the list() function. Lists are a very versatile data structure that can be used in a wide variety of applications. They are an essential tool for any Python programmer to master.
Here are the example How to Create a list of numbers using a for loop in Python:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code.
In this solution we have used List function in python.
- Copy this code using "Copy" button above and paste it in your Python ide
- Run the code, get the create the list
I hope you have found this useful. I have added the dependent library and version information in the following section.
I found this code snippet by searching "Create a list in python" in kandi. you can try any use case.
In this solution we have used the following versions. Be mindful to change when working with other versions.
- This solution is created using Python version 3.7.15
Using this solution we can able to create new list in python with simple Steps. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to Create a new List in Python.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.