A list is a data structure in Python that houses an ordered group of things. Lists are created by placing a sequence of items inside square brackets , separated by commas. Lists in Python are mutable, meaning the elements inside a list can be changed after the list is created. You can add, remove, or modify elements in a list using various built-in methods such as list.append(), list.extend(), list.insert(), list.remove(), list.pop(), etc.
In Python, we may make a list of ints, strings, or mixed data types. We may also make a list that is empty. Other ways are:
- Creating a list with the “list()” function.
- list(): In Python, a list function is a built-in function used to perform operations on a list.
- Creating a list with the “range()” function.
- range(): In Python, the range() function is a built-in function that generates a sequence of numbers.
You can also create a list using list comprehension, a concise way to create a list by applying a transformation to each element in an existing list or iterable. Remember that list is an ordered collection, so the order of items will always be the same as if it was added.
Please review the code below to learn more about creating a list in python.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
source =  for i in range(len(data)): if data[i] == 'login': table = "sales.login_table" elif data[i] == 'signup': table = "sales.signup_table" elif data[i] == 'account': table = 'sales.account' elif data[i] == 'addcc': table = "sales.addcc" elif data[i] == 'consolidatedfunding': table = 'sales.consolidatedfunding' elif data[i] == 'deposit': table = 'sales.deposit' elif data[i] == 'holdsassessment': table = 'sales.holdsassessment' elif data[i] == 'onboardinggc': table = 'sales.onboardinggc' source.append(table) print(source)
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Download and install Pycharm Community edition on your desktop.
- Open new python file in your IDE.
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your python file.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for ' Creating a list in python'in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
Using this solution, we are able to Create a list in python with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to Create a list in python.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.