Express can handle GET and POST requests without installing any third-party module. GET and POST are the two common HTTP Requests used for building REST APIs. Both of these calls are meant for some special purpose. As per the documentation GET requests are meant to fetch data from specified resources and POST requests are meant to submit data to a specified resource.
Please check the below code to know how to use GET/POST methods on Express
Fig 1: Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Visual Studio Code IDE on your computer.
- Install node JS to run express code
- Save and run the code using node filename to generate the output
- With '/api' as end point type '/api' on the localhost URL to generate the key
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Visual Studio Code 1.73.1.
Using this solution, we are able to implement GET/ POST methods on Express with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to implement GET/ POST methods on Express