HTML allows you to add the file upload functionality to your website by adding a file upload button to your webpage with the help of the <input> tag. The <input type=” file”> defines a file-select field and a “Browse“ button for file uploads.
Here's how it's done in three easy steps:
- Copy the URL of the image you wish to insert.
- Next, open your index.html file and insert it into the img code. Example: <img src=”(your image URL here)”>
- Save the HTML file. The next time you open it, you'll see the webpage with your newly added image.
Here is an example of how to upload an image in HTML:
Fig: Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install Visual Studio Code IDE.
- Create a new HTML file.
- Copy the code snippet using the 'copy' button and paste it into that HTML file in your IDE.
- Save the file and run the HTML file directly from the file location to get the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'image upload in html' in Kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Visual Studio Code 1.73.1.
Using this solution, we are able to upload images in HTML with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to upload images in HTML.