How to Make a loop within a loop in Python
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Jan 31, 2023
A loop within a loop in Python is a technique where one loop is nested inside another loop. This allows you to perform multiple iterations over different sequences simultaneously. There are several ways to implement a loop within a loop in Python, including:
- Nested for loops: One for loop is placed inside another for loop, allowing you to iterate over multiple sequences simultaneously.
- for loop with multiple iterators: One for loop can iterate over multiple sequences simultaneously by providing multiple iterators.
- while loop with a for loop: A while loop can be used to control the outer iteration, while a for loop is used to control the inner iteration.
A loop within a loop is a powerful technique that allows you to perform complex operations on multiple data sequences simultaneously. However, it can also make the code more difficult to understand and debug, so it is important to use it carefully and ensure that the nested loop is well-structured and easy to read.
For more information about a loop within a loop in Python, refer to the code below.
Fig : Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
grid = [['.', '.', '.', '.', '.', '.'], ['.', 'O', 'O', '.', '.', '.'], ['O', 'O', 'O', 'O', '.', '.'], ['O', 'O', 'O', 'O', 'O', '.'], ['.', 'O', 'O', 'O', 'O', 'O'], ['O', 'O', 'O', 'O', 'O', '.'], ['O', 'O', 'O', 'O', '.', '.'], ['.', 'O', 'O', '.', '.', '.'], ['.', '.', '.', '.', '.', '.']] for x in range(len(grid)):#0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 for y in range(len(grid)):#0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 print(grid[y][x], end='') print('') ..OO.OO.. .OOOOOOO. .OOOOOOO. ..OOOOO.. ...OOO... ....O....
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install python on your IDE(Any of your favorite IDE).
- Copy the snippet using the 'copy' and paste it in your IDE.
- Run the file to generate the output.
I hope you found this useful.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'how to implement loop within a loop' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in PyCharm 2021.3.
- The solution is tested on Python 3.9.7.
Using this solution, we are able to implement loop within a loop in python with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to implement loop within a loop in python.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.