How to create a List of List in Python
by vigneshchennai74 Updated: Feb 22, 2023
Creating a list of lists means creating a Python data structure that contains multiple lists as its elements. Each element of the main list is itself a list, forming a two-dimensional array. This is commonly used to represent a table or a matrix in Python.
The random module provides various functions that can be used to generate random numbers, shuffle sequences, and perform other random operations in Python.
Some common functions provided by the random module include:
- random(): returns a random float number between zero and one.
- randint(a, b): returns a random integer between a and b, inclusive.
- uniform(a, b): returns a random float number between a and b.
- choice(seq): returns a random element from the provided sequence seq.
- shuffle(seq): shuffles the elements of the provided sequence seq in place.
random.shuffle() is a function provided by the Python random module that shuffles a list in place. The function takes a list as an argument and rearranges its elements randomly so that the original order of the elements is lost. A list of lists is a data structure that allows you to group related data in a nested structure. It consists of a list that contains one or more inner lists, each of which can contain elements of any type, including other lists.
Here is an example of how to create a list of lists in Python:
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code.
In this solution we have used List function in python.
- Copy this code using "Copy" button above and paste it in your Python ide
- Run the code, get the create the list of List
I hope you have found this useful. I have added the dependent library and version information in the following section.
I found this code snippet by searching "Python creating a List of List" in kandi. you can try any use case.
In this solution we have used the following versions. Be mindful to change when working with other versions.
- This solution is tested using Vscode version 1.75.1
- This solution is created using Python version 3.7.15
Using this solution we can able to create new list in List in python with simple Steps. This process also facilities an easy to use, hassle free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to Create a new List in List in Python.
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.