Virtual Reality is an advanced technology simulation that enables a person interaction with an artificial three-dimensional (3-D) visual or other sensory environments. This Kit helps users and developers to create a web framework for building multi-image virtual reality experiences.
Please see below a sample solution kit to jumpstart your solution on Tour in VR Kit. To use this kit to build your own solution, scroll down to the Kit Deployment Instructions sections. Source code included so that you can customize it for your requirement.
Training and Certification - How to build Your Solution on Tour in VR Kit
Watch this self-guided tutorial on how you can use a Development Environment (IDE), Aframe dependencies, 3D images to build your own Solution on Tour in VR Kit.
Completed the training? Apply for your Participation Certificate and Achievement Certificate now!
Tag us on social media with a screenshot or video of your working application for a chance to be featured as an Open Source Champion and get a verified badge.
Kit Deployment Instructions
Follow below instructions to deploy and run the solution.
1. Download, extract and double-click kit installer file to install the kit.
2. After successful installation of the kit, press 'Y' to run the kit and open the local web server in the browser("http://localhost:8000/India-tour/").
3. To run the kit manually, press 'N' and locate the zip file 'India-tour-VR'.
4. Open folder in Visual Studio Code.
5. To experience Virtual Reality with your own images, add the image in assets folder.
Note:-Image should be in 360 degree to feel the Virtual Reality
6. Then go to "index.html" file place the image inside the < img / > Tag
Example :- < img src="assets/ImageName.jpg" / >
7. Run the command "python -m http.server 8000" in command prompt.
8. If you want to view the image, then place the small circle on the top of the image and click on that to visualize the image in VR Mode
9. To view other images, then drag the screen such that the small circle is placed on the top of the image to be viewed and once the circle is on top of the image, click on it.
10. Now, you will experience Virtual Reality in your own Environment!
Visual studio code IDE is used for this development. It becomes easy and simple to develop an interactive UI with Visual studio code.