Top 10 Flask Utilities Libraries 2023
by Kanika Maheshwari Updated: Mar 1, 2023
Here are some of the famous Flask Utilities Libraries. Flask Utilities Libraries use cases include Creating RESTful APIs, Automating Testing, Creating Web Forms, Rendering Templates, Integrating with Databases, and Authentication.
Flask utilities libraries are a collection of tools and modules that help developers create applications using Flask, a popular web framework for Python. These libraries provide a variety of functionalities, such as template engines, form validation, routing, and more. They are also used to extend the functionality of Flask, allowing developers to create more complex applications faster and with fewer lines of code.
Let us have a look at some of the famous Flask Utilities Library.
- Supports both SQLAlchemy and Alembic database migrations.
- Has a database version control system that tracks database versions and generates automated database migrations.
- Allows users to detect and manage changes to their database schema by using an object-oriented database abstraction layer.
SQLAlchemy database migrations for Flask applications using Alembic
Python 2171 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Provides all the features you need to implement full user authentication.
- Supports various authentication sources, including LDAP, OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
- Built-in security features, such as XSS, CSRF, and clickjacking protection.
Quick and simple security for Flask applications
Python 1594 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Allows developers to create dynamic forms.
- Provides customizable widgets, allowing developers to customize their forms.
- Supports internationalization, allowing developers to translate their forms into multiple languages easily.
Simple integration of Flask and WTForms, including CSRF, file upload and Recaptcha integration.
Python 1329 Version:v1.0.1 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- Supports many methods for querying and modifying the data, including HTTP methods.
- Supports automatic validation of incoming data.
- Supports pagination, sorting, and filtering of the data.
NO LONGER MAINTAINED - A Flask extension for creating simple ReSTful JSON APIs from SQLAlchemy models.
Python 1029 Version:1.0.0b1 License: Strong Copyleft (AGPL-3.0)
- Provides an easy way to add custom debugging panels.
- Displays interactive console, allowing you to execute code during run-time.
- Provides an interactive page showing request and response information.
A toolbar overlay for debugging Flask applications
- Wide variety of cache invalidation strategies.
- Supports a wide range of cache expiration strategies.
- Supports multiple caching backends, including Memcached, Redis, and SimpleCache.
A caching extension for Flask
Python 780 Version:v2.0.2 License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Provides support for a wide range of authentication protocols and services.
- Provides extensive documentation, including tutorials and code examples.
- Can be used with multiple providers, allowing developers to create a unified authentication solution for their applications.
- Allows you to configure multiple mail accounts and send emails from multiple accounts.
- Provides support for both plain text and HTML templates.
- Supports sending emails via both secure SSL/TLS connections and insecure connections.
Flask-Mail adds SMTP mail sending to your Flask applications
Python 512 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Provides an easy-to-use test client that allows you to make requests to your application and inspect the responses.
- Provides a set of context variables that can be used to store and retrieve data from the request and response objects.
- Provides various assertions that can be used to check the state of your application quickly.
Unittest extensions for Flask
Python 466 Version:v0.8.0 License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Provides secure file uploading capabilities.
- Supports both models and APIs for handling file uploads.
- Provides several options for storing uploaded files, including local file system, Amazon S3, and DropBox.
File uploads for Flask.
Python 186 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)