Real-time object tracking system is a technology used to track objects (from images, videos, and webcam) in real time. It can be used for security purposes or for commercial purposes. Tracking can be done for video formats and live streaming webcam.
The real-time object tracking system has many applications, such as in retail stores, airports, stadiums and other places where security is important. The system can be used to monitor customer activity in stores, track inventory and detect shoplifting. It can also be used to increase safety in public places by monitoring the movements of pedestrians or vehicles.
Please see below a sample solution kit to jumpstart your solution on Real-time object tracking system. To use this kit to build your own solution, scroll down to the Kit Deployment Instructions sections. Source code included so that you can customize it for your requirement.
Kit Deployment Instructions
Follow below instructions to deploy and run the solution:
1. Download, extract and double-click kit installer file to install the kit.
2. After successful installation of the kit, press 'Y' to run the kit.
3. To run the kit manually, press 'N' and locate the zip file 'Yolov5_DeepSort_Pytorch'.
5.Open the command prompt in the 'Yolov5_DeepSort_Pytorch' directory and run the command 'jupyter notebook'
6. Locate and open the 'YOLOV5_DEEPSORT_NOTEBOOK.ipynb' notebook from the Jupyter Notebook browser window.
7. Execute cells in the notebook.
Note: Demo source code will be downloaded to local machine. It is also available here
VSCode and Jupyter Notebook can be used for development and debugging. Jupyter Notebook is a web-based interactive environment often used for experiments, whereas VSCode is used to get a typical experience of IDE for developers.