8 Best Android Animation Libraries 2023
by Kanika Maheshwari Updated: Feb 4, 2023
Here are some of the Android Animation Libraries. Some of the use cases of Android Animation Libraries include Creating complex UI elements, enhancing user experience, enhancing game development, and Creating app-specific animations.
Android Animation Libraries are collections of code libraries and tools for creating and animating graphics for Android applications. The libraries include a variety of animation techniques, such as keyframing, and physics-based animation, which can be used to create dynamic and interactive visual elements.
Let us look at the libraries in detail below.
- Uses a spring physics model to create animations.
- Designed to be used with the Android UI toolkit.
- Highly customizable.
Command-line tool that instantly fetches Stack Overflow results when an exception is thrown
Python 4003 Version:v2.0.0 License: No License
- Highly efficient and supports vector-based animations.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Allows you to create complex animations with a few simple lines of code
Render After Effects animations natively on Android and iOS, Web, and React Native
Java 33728 Version:v6.0.0 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Has no bugs, has no vulnerabilities.
- Has a Permissive License and it has medium support.
- Used in Telecommunications, Media, Telecom, User Interface, Animation applications.
:books: Detailed tutorials for all animation series for Android. Explain all animations in Android.
Java 2734 Version:Current License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Uses less memory and fewer resources than other animation libraries.
- Allows you to tweak and customize the animations to suit your needs.
- Has built-in support for a range of animations, including alpha, translate, rotation, and more.
An Android Animation library which easily add itemanimator to RecyclerView items.
Kotlin 11226 Version:Current License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Allows developers to mix and match different animations to create complex effects.
- Has excellent documentation and a wide range of tutorials available.
- Animations created can be reused in multiple activities or applications.
ViewAnimator brings your UI to life with just one line
Swift 6896 Version:3.1.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Doesn’t require a lot of setups and is easy to use.
- Provides a wide range of customization options.
- Has a powerful timeline feature that enables developers to animate objects across a timeline in a single line of code.
- Require less memory than many other animation libraries, making them ideal for mobile applications.
- Have a smaller code base than most other animation libraries.
- Are designed to be responsive, so they will resize and adapt to different screen sizes.
Android Animated Icons Library
Java 224 Version:Current License: No License
- Create animations that span multiple platforms, including iOS and Windows.
- Able to create animations that are synchronized with user input.
- Allows developers to create custom animations according to their specific needs.
Simple way to animate your views on Android with Rx 🚀
Kotlin 537 Version:Current License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)