Most Python Discord API libraries offer various features, making it easier to develop Discord bots and interact with the Discord API. Most Python Discord API libraries offer an effortless way of creating and managing bots on the Discord Platform. These libraries often offer functionality for handling events like a user joining a server, a reaction added to a message, or a message received.
These libraries offer effortless ways to handle commands from the Discord server users. It can handle audio and voice functionalities, like streaming video, joining voice channels, and more. These support Discord’s new slash commands that offer an easy-to-use interface for users to interact with bots. It has a built-in caching mechanism for reducing the number of API requests to Discord and improving its performance. It offers methods for easily making requests to the Discord API and handling responses. It supports Discord webhooks by letting bots send messages and interact with Discord outside a server.
Here is the list of the top 8 Python Discord API libraries that are handpicked to help developers:
- Is an easy-to-use, asynchronous-ready, modern, and feature-rich API wrapper for Discord written in Python.
- Offers a simple and intuitive API to build Discord bots, making it accessible for developers of all skill sets.
- Has robust support for audio and voice, like streaming audio, joining voice channels, and many more.
An API wrapper for Discord written in Python.
Python 12470 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python library to build a moderation system within Discord servers.
- Allows users to contact server administration and moderators privately without having to share their messages publicly in a channel.
- Tracks user data like their conversation and messages history, making it easier for moderators to handle ongoing issues.
- Is a Python library to build Discord bots that are forked from the original discord.py.
- Offers similar functionality as discord.py with certain improvements and changes.
- Has support for Discord’s new slash commands that offers an easy-to-use for users to interact with bots.
A Python wrapper for the Discord API forked from discord.py
Python 996 Version:v2.4.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python library to build Discord bots that aim to offer a modern and efficient API compared to other Python Discord libraries.
- Is designed with modern Python features like type hints and async/await.
- Is optimized for performance and uses asyncio for handling requests and events.
A Discord API wrapper for Python and asyncio built on good intentions.
Python 693 Version:2.0.0.dev117 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python library that is a highly extensible, complete feature, and easy-to-use bot framework for Discord.
- Our HTTP client implements preemptive rate limit avoidance, so your bot is guaranteed never to hit HTTP 429.
- Each HTTP request and Gateway event made is cached if needed, so you never have to save information yourself.
A highly extensible, easy to use, and feature complete bot framework for Discord
Python 663 Version:5.0.0-alpha.4 License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)
- Is a fast, efficient, and modern Python library to build Discord bots, a fork of the discord.py library with many improvements.
- Is optimized for performance and uses asyncio to handle requests and events, making it one of the fastest Discord libraries.
- Discord’s components are supported in disnake, allowing more engaging and interactive bot experiences.
An API wrapper for Discord written in Python.
Python 589 Version:v2.8.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a debugging and testing extension for Discord.py, a popular Python library for creating Discord bots.
- Offers various utilities for debugging and testing Discord.py applications, like an interactive shell for running code snippets and functionality and commands for inspecting the current state of the server and bot.
- Advanced error handling and reports with detailed information about the cause of errors and how to fix them.
A debugging and testing cog for discord.py rewrite bots.
Python 463 Version:2.5.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- A Python library is a big toolkit of raiding, token management, and spamming tools for Discord.
- Includes custom themes or skins, token checker, message spammer, and mass mentioner.
- Also includes DM spammer, Group DM spammer, image spammer, embed spammer, and Ascii spammer.
Raid ToolBox (RTB) is a big toolkit of Spamming/Raiding/Token management tools for discord.
Python 401 Version:v1.2.5 License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-2.0)