Here are the best Python database access libraries for your web application. You can use these libraries in Python to directly interact with and access a variety of databases and perform a variety of operations, such as create, read, update, and delete records.
You can develop a straightforward application using these Python libraries to interact with SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL databases. With some basic knowledge of Python and SQL, as well as the knowhow to work with database management systems, you can develop applications across different databases using a Python script in three simple steps:
- Connect with a variety of database management systems using Python libraries.
- Interact with various databases such as SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Execute some common database queries using these Python libraries.
We have handpicked top and trending Python libraries based on popularity, licensing and unique features to build database access functions in your applications:
- Used for efficient and high-performing database access.
- A comprehensive SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper (ORM).
- Provides a high-level API to interact with databases.
- Used to connect with the database backend of your choice with ORM functionality.
- It’s the built-in ORM for the Django web framework.
- Provides an easy-to-use API for performing database operations.
- Can be used with regular python scripts.
Python 258 Version:v1.0.0 License: No License
- Used for fast, secure, and reliable interaction with the MySQL databases.
- A pure Python MySQL client library for MySQL database access.
- It implements the Python Database API v2.0.
- Used in Database, SQL Database, PostgresSQL applications.
- A PostgreSQL database adapter for Python.
- Provides a fast and reliable way to interact with PostgreSQL databases.
- Used for basic operations like storing data and retrieving data.
- A minimalistic ORM that supports SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL databases.
- Peewee provides a magical helper fn(), used to call any SQL function.
- Used in Database, SQL Database, MariaDB applications.
- It depends on and reuses most parts of PyMySQL.
- Preserve the same api, look and feel as the awesome aiopg library.
- Used for interacting with PostgreSQL by reducing the complexity of psycopg2 library.
- Makes writing PostgreSQL client applications both fast and easy.
- It’s a BSD licensed opinionated wrapper of the Python psycopg2 library.