YouTube video on React Page
by Abdul Rawoof A R Updated: Jan 24, 2023
Use the react-player or video-react libraries to integrate a YouTube video into a React project. React Player is a library that allows you to embed audio and video players in your React applications.
It supports various media kinds and sources, including YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, and local files, and offers a straightforward, programmable interface for playing media files. Another library for playing audio and video in React applications is called Video-React. It offers comparable user experience for manipulating audio and video players in your React components and is built on top of the well-known video.js package. Like React Player, Video-react offers support for various media formats and sources. With a large user base and vibrant developer communities, React Player and Video-react are well-liked choices for integrating audio and video features into React apps. Consider each library's features and options, the level of customization and control you require, and the compatibility and integration with other tools and libraries you are using when choosing which library to employ in your project.
Here is an example of how you embed a YouTube video into a React project:
Fig 1: Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we're using React and ReactPlayer libraries.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install the Node.js and React on your IDE(preferable Visual Studio Code).
- Create React Application using npx create-react-app foldername.
- cd foldername.
- Install npm install react-player.
- Open the folder in IDE.
- Copy the code using "copy" button above and paste it in app.js file(remove the earlier code from app.js).
- Remove the first line(import statement).
- Import React library by using the command -> import React from 'react';
- Import ReactPlayer library by using the command -> import ReactPlayer from 'react-player';
- Replace ReactVideo as ReactPlayer which is present inside the div tag.
- Open the terminal from IDE.
- npm start to run the file.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for 'youtube video on react page' in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in Visual Studio Code 1.73.1.
- The solution is tested on node v18.12.1 and npm v8.19.2.
- React version-18.2.0.
- ReactPlayer version: current.
Using this solution, we are able to create an youtube video on react page with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to create an youtube video on react page.
The library for web and native user interfaces
A React component for playing a variety of URLs, including file paths, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, SoundCloud, Streamable, Vimeo, Wistia and DailyMotion
- For any support on kandi solution kits, please use the chat
- For further learning resources, visit the Open Weaver Community learning page.