9 Best Android Game Development Libraries 2023
by Kanika Maheshwari Updated: Feb 10, 2023
Here are some famous Android Game Development Libraries. Android Game Development Libraries' use cases include Multiplayer Support, Graphics Engine Support, AI Support, Physics Engine Support, and Audio Support.
Android game development libraries refer to a collection of programming tools and pre-written codes that make it easier for developers to create games for the Android operating system. These libraries can provide basic game functions, such as physics, graphics, sound, and input, as well as more advanced features, such as artificial intelligence, networked multiplayer, and 3D rendering.
Let us look at the libraries in detail below.
- Allows developers to build their games for multiple platforms.
- Written in C++ and optimized for performance.
- Intuitive and easy-to-learn syntax.
Cocos2d-x is a suite of open-source, cross-platform, game-development tools used by millions of developers all over the world.
C++ 16948 Version:Current License: No License
- Designed to create high-quality 3D and 2D games and interactive experiences.
- Offers a range of graphics options for developers.
- Highly extensible and can be customized to a wide range of development needs.
:tea: All Gang of Four Design Patterns written in Unity C# with many examples. And some Game Programming Patterns written in Unity C#. | 各种设计模式的Unity3D C#版本实现
C# 3398 Version:Current License: No License
- Includes a powerful scripting language.
- Has a full set of tools for debugging, profiling, and optimization.
- Includes a built-in audio engine, allowing developers to create music and sound effects for their games easily.
Tiny 3D game development library for Win/MacOS/Linux/iOS/Android. It works with Vulkan or OpenGL.
C++ 86 Version:Current License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- Allows developers to export their games to multiple platforms without additional coding.
- Developers can create realistic interactions between objects in their games.
- Provides a high-performance 3D engine.
Cocos Creator is a complete package of game development tools and workflow, including a game engine, resource management, scene editing, game preview, debug and publish one project to multiple platforms.
TypeScript 2698 Version:Current License: No License
- Offers an optimized implementation of linear algebra operations.
- Built-in vector math library.
- Designed to be platform agnostic.
C++ math library developed primarily for games focused on simplicity and efficiency.
C++ 1289 Version:v1.1.0 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Allows developers to write code one more and deploy it across multiple platforms.
- Built-in tools include a particle editor, a sprite editor, and a UI designer.
- Comes with an extensive set of audio, networking, and physics APIs.
Desktop/Android/HTML5/iOS Java game development framework
Java 21251 Version:1.11.0 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Use Scala programming language, which is designed for scalability and productivity.
- Easy for developers to extend the library and integrate it with their own code.
- Offers a cross-platform API.
Scala library for cross-platform 2D game development
Scala 141 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Offers a wide range of tools, such as sprites, animations, and sound effects.
- Supports a wide range of integrated game mechanics.
- Powerful rendering engine that supports a wide range of devices and screen resolutions.
Mobile game development library for android. Android Studio
Java 3 Version:0.6 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Provides a unified game services API.
- Provides a game state management system.
- Enables developers to build rich, interactive experiences with advanced graphics support.
A Java game development framework that deploys to JVM, HTML5, Android and iOS.
Java 227 Version:Current License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)