A notification is a message that is displayed to a user to inform them of something like an incoming message or an update on their device. Notifications can be delivered in a variety of ways, such as through a notification center, an alert, or a badge on an app icon. They can contain text, images, or other media.
There are several ways to create notifications in front-end development, depending on the type of notification you want to create and the technology you are using. Here are a few options:
- HTML5: If you want to create desktop notifications that are delivered to the user's desktop or device outside of the browser, you can use the HTML5 Notification API.
To learn more about creating notifications, you may have a look at the code below.
Preview of the output that you will get on running this code from your IDE.
In this solution we use the React library and use effect hook.
Follow the steps carefully to get the output easily.
- Install the Node.js and React on your IDE(preferable Visual Studio Code).
- Create React Application using npx create-react-app foldername.
- cd foldername.
- Install npm i react-push-notification --force
- Open the folder in IDE.
- Copy the code using "copy" button above and paste it in App.js file(remove the earlier code from App.js).
- Open the terminal from IDE.
- npm start to run the file.
I hope you found this useful. I have added the link to dependent libraries, version information in the following sections.
I found this code snippet by searching for Notification using Reactjs in kandi. You can try any such use case!
I tested this solution in the following versions. Be mindful of changes when working with other versions.
- The solution is created in VS Code 1.73.1 version.
- The solution is tested on Nodejs 16.14.2 version.
- react 18.2.0 version.
- react-push-notification: 1.3.0 version.
Using this solution, we are able to create notification using Reactjs with simple steps. This process also facilities an easy way to use, hassle-free method to create a hands-on working version of code which would help us to create notification using Reactjs.