18 best Python Animation Libraries in 2023
by email@example.com Updated: Mar 11, 2023
We can create any animation with suitable libraries or combinations of libraries in Python that are well-known for their functionalities and functionalities. For developers looking for options with less complex code with maximum customization options, users can customize their plots and designs depending on their preferences.
Choosing a suitable library plays a key role in any machine learning or data science project, and we should do it properly to avoid other related issues which may arise. Some libraries offer an interactive plot to attract playing with the graph and visualize it uniquely. It will allow you to edit videos, create animations, and create a map or geological animations where we can analyze the geological data.
Here is the list of handpicked 18 best Python Animation Libraries in 2023 which will help you with your animation requirements:
manim - 3b1b:
- Is a Python library for creating mathematical animations and educational videos that Grant Sanderson develops.
- Is an open source library that allows users to create high-quality animations which visualize mathematical concepts like animations of graphs, functions, fractals, and more.
- Uses Python code for creating animations which we can export to animated GIFs or video files.
- Is a Python library for implementing different robotics simulations, visualizations, and algorithms.
- Offers various resources and tools for robotics developers, like algorithms for path planning, localization, motion control, mapping, and many more.
- Includes simulation environments like 2D and 3D simulators, that will allow developers to test their algorithms in virtual environments before deploying them on real robots.
Python sample codes for robotics algorithms.
Python 17899 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Is a comprehensive library for creating animated, interactive visualizations and static in Python.
- Produces publication-quality figures in different interactive environments and hardcopy formats across platforms.
- Can be used in Python Scripts, web application servers, various graphical user interface toolkits, and Python/IPython shells.
matplotlib: plotting with Python
Python 17088 Version:v3.7.1 License: No License
manim - ManimCommunity:
- Is an animation engine for explanatory math videos used for programmatically creating precise animations.
- Includes various tools for creating animations like support for vector graphics, 3D objects, and complex mathematical equations.
- Also includes features for creating animations with custom fonts, styles, and colors.
A community-maintained Python framework for creating mathematical animations.
Python 13670 Version:v0.17.2 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is designed to be easy to use and includes different resources and tools for creating high-quality visualizations.
- Includes support for complex data structures like pandas DataFrames and offers various customization options for fonts, styles, and colors.
The interactive graphing library for Python :sparkles: This project now includes Plotly Express!
Python 13160 Version:v5.13.1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python data visualization library based on Matplotlib, offering a high-level interface to create attractive and informative statistical graphics.
- Offers various plotting functions for visualizing various data types like continuous data, data distribution, and categorial data.
- Its the ability to create visually appealing plots with minimal effort and supports the customization of plot elements like axes, titles, legends, and labels.
Statistical data visualization in Python
Python 10513 Version:v0.12.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- Is a Python library for video editing, concatenations, cutting, video composting, title insertions, creation of custom effects, and video processing.
- Has the ability to add audio to video clips easily and offers various filters and audio effects like changing pitch and speed, adding sound effects, and adjusting volume.
- Includes support for creating animations like moving text, images, and shapes and allows users to export their video clips to different file formats.
- Is a Python library that allows users to record terminal sessions and save them as SVG animations.
- Produces clean-looking and lightweight still frames embeddable on the project page or animations.
- Includes support for recording multiple terminal sessions, allowing users to control the size and speed of the resulting animation.
Record terminal sessions as SVG animations
Python 9559 Version:1.1.0 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- Is a declarative statistical visualization library that can help you spend more time understanding your data and its meaning.
- Offers a simple syntax for creating different visualizations, like line charts, histograms, scatterplots, and bar charts.
- Its declarative syntax lets user's express visualizations as a series of high-level mappings between visual and data properties like color, size, and position.
Declarative statistical visualization library for Python
Python 8136 Version:v4.2.2 License: Permissive (BSD-3-Clause)
- Is a Python library used for path and motion planning applications designed to be accessible to beginners and experts with a straightforward API.
- Offers various algorithms for computing collision-free paths for drones, mobile robots, and manipulators in 2D and 3D environments.
- Also offers tools for trajectory generation, motion control, and obstacle avoidance and supports simulation and visualization of robot motion.
Common used path planning algorithms with animations.
Python 5448 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python library for displaying spinners and progress bars in command-line applications designed to offer a customizable way of showing progress indicators for long-running processes or tasks.
- Supports for pausing and resuming progress indicators, nested spinners, and progress bars.
- Designed to be intuitive and simple with various default settings and a straightforward API for customizing the behavior and appearance of spinners and progress bars.
A new kind of Progress Bar, with real-time throughput, ETA, and very cool animations!
Python 4257 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a package for helping people create full-screen text UIs on any platform and offers a single cross-platform Python class to do all the low-level console functions.
- Includes cursor positioning, mouse input, screen scraping, colored/styled text, detecting and handling if the console resizes, and keyboard input like Unicode support.
- Is a Python library for creating text-based animations and user interfaces in the terminal.
A cross platform package to do curses-like operations, plus higher level APIs and widgets to create text UIs and ASCII art animations
Python 3234 Version:1.14.0 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Is a Python library for creating interactive Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) graphs and charts.
- Offers various tools for generating customizable charts, graphs, and high-quality for use in presentations, reports, and web applications.
- Includes built-in support for data/time axis labeling, responsive design, and integration with web frameworks and interactive charts elements.
- Is a Python implementation of the GANimation research project, which offers various tools for generating animations from still images using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs).
- Includes tools for augmenting and preprocessing input data, customizable GAN training parameters and architecture, and support for evaluating and visualizing GAN models.
- Offers various tools for fine-tuning GAN models and generating high-quality animations for various applications.
GANimation: Anatomically-aware Facial Animation from a Single Image (ECCV'18 Oral) [PyTorch]
Python 1825 Version:Current License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)
- Offers advanced and fundamental functions to work with 3D character animations in deep learning with Pytorch.
- Is a Python implementation of the research project of the same name, which offers tools for editing the motion of human characters in video sequences using deep learning methods.
- Its ability to generate realistic, high-quality animations for various applications offers tools for fine-tuning the deep learning model and editing the generated motions to achieve the desired results.
An end-to-end library for editing and rendering motion of 3D characters with deep learning [SIGGRAPH 2020]
Python 1269 Version:Current License: Permissive (BSD-2-Clause)
- Is a Python library for creating geographical maps and visualizations and offers an easy-to-use interface for creating maps with different data types, like polygons, heatmaps, lines, and points.
- Includes support for different tile providers and map projections, customizable styling options for data layers like size, transparency, and color.
- Designed for creating interactive maps and visualizations and is suitable for various applications like data analysis, presentation, and exploration.
python toolbox for visualizing geographical data and making maps
Python 979 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Is a Python library that will allow users to replace their webcam background with a custom video or image on Linux systems.
- Works by creating a virtual webcam device that can be selected as the input source in video conferencing applications, allowing users to appear as if they are in various environments and locations.
- Includes the ability to control the position and size of the custom background video or image and support for replacing the webcam background with a custom video or audio.
Faking your webcam background under GNU/Linux, now supports background blurring, animated background, colour map effect, hologram effect and on-demand processing.
Python 1485 Version:Current License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)
- Is a Python library that offers a simple interface for creating visualizations and animations in Matplotlib
- Designed to make it easy for users to create animations without having to write to deal with low-level details and complex code.
- Includes a simple interface for adding and updating data in the animation, the ability to save the animation as an MP4 or GIF video file, and support for customizing the animation style and appearance.
:movie_camera: Matplotlib animations made easy
Python 1080 Version:v0.2.0 License: Permissive (MIT)