Build Location Based AR App
by kandikits Updated: Oct 20, 2022
The Location based AR Kit is a powerful tool for creating augmented reality apps. It uses the camera and motion sensors to understand your surroundings, then it applies computer vision techniques to place digital objects in real-world scenes. AR Kit can locate horizontal planes like tables and floors, allowing you to place objects on a surface without additional calibration. It can also detect a user's position and direction as they walk around an area, which lets you anchor 3D content to specific locations in the physical world.
We have used many libraries like aframe, three.js, and location-based AR libraries to build this AR kit. An HTML5 web framework of aframe that provides you with all the tools needed to create experiences for desktop and mobile devices using WebGL, WebVR and Web Audio. Three.js is an open-source web framework used to develop augmented reality (AR) projects.
kandi kit provides you with a fully deployable Location Based AR app. Source code included so that you can customize it for your requirement.
The Ar.js library added in this section is primarily used to create a Location-based AR project. The entire solution is available as a package to download from the source code repository.
- Download, extract and double-click the kit installer file to install the kit.
- After the successful installation of the kit, press 'Y' to run the kit.
- To run the kit manually, press 'N' and locate the zip file 'ar-js'.
- Open the folder in Visual Studio Code.
- Open the image.html file add your current latitude and longitude. Note: Without <> symbol
- Change the text to any custom text of your choice
- Run the 'image.html' file.
- Now, you will get your text in the corresponding latitude and longitude you entered.
Click on the button below to download the solution and follow the deployment instructions to begin set-up. This 1-click kit has all the required dependencies and resources you may need to build your Location Based AR App.
- While running batch file, if you encounter Windows protection alert, select More info --> Run anyway
- During kit installer, if you encounter a Windows security alert, click Allow
For a detailed tutorial on installing & executing the solution as well as learning resources including training & certification opportunities, please visit the OpenWeaver Community
Visual studio code IDE is used for this development. It becomes easy and simple to develop an interactive UI with Visual studio code.
Location Based AR Libraries
Geo AR is an advanced technology that allows developers to add digital content to geographical points of interest. This means that unlike the typical marker-based Augmented Reality features like Image Tracking & Object Tracking, Geo AR projects do not need a physical target to trigger the feeling of AR experience.
A-Frame is an open-source web framework used for building Augmented reality (AR) experiences.
Three.js is an open-source web framework used to develop augmented reality (AR) projects.
Example content for Unity projects based on AR Foundation
C# 2462 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
:a: Web framework for building virtual reality experiences.
Kit Solution Source
Image tracking, Location Based AR, Marker tracking. All on the Web.