by Kanika Maheshwari Updated: Feb 13, 2023
Let us look at these libraries in detail below.
- Allows you to “time travel” by rewinding and fast-forwarding your tests to quickly debug and fix issues.
- Automatically reloads and reruns tests whenever you save your changes.
- Takes screenshots and videos of your tests automatically so you can quickly see what went wrong.
Fast, easy and reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser.
- Has a flexible and extensible interface.
- Built-in support for test coverage and reporting.
- Supports a wide variety of assertion libraries.
- Written in ES2015+, making it future-proof and easy to use.
- Test files are run in parallel, allowing for faster tests.
- Built-in support for Promises and async/await.
Node.js test runner that lets you develop with confidence 🚀
- Uses ReactDOM's render and fireEvent methods to create a more realistic testing environment.
- Built around the concept of user interaction, which means that tests simulate how a user would interact with a page.
- Encourages the use of best practices such as accessibility testing, which is often neglected by other testing frameworks.
🐐 Simple and complete React DOM testing utilities that encourage good testing practices.
- Doesn't require a DOM, so it can run on the server, which makes it suitable for testing in a variety of environments.
- Based on BDD, which helps developers to focus on desired behavior of the feature and helps in writing more readable tests.
- Provides a powerful feature of spies which allows us to track calls and arguments passed to a function.
- Allows you to customize the test environment and run tests in multiple browsers simultaneously.
- Able to capture code coverage information, giving you a better understanding of which parts of your code are being tested.
- Provides automated end-to-end testing of your application.
- Includes built-in assertions to make sure that your tests are running as expected.
- Allows you to easily run your tests on the cloud.
End-to-end testing framework written in Node.js and using the W3C Webdriver API
- Offers a fake server that allows requests to be intercepted and responses to be faked.
- Ability to create a sandbox that allows developers to keep track of all the stubs and mocks created within a single test.
- Offers a range of spy and stub functions that are unique to the library and make it easier to mock and test code.
- Ability to access and interact with Angular-specific elements such as ng-model and ng-repeats.
- Built-in support for Jasmine, Mocha and Cucumber test frameworks.
- Supports Angular-specific locator strategies such as binding, model, repeater, etc.
E2E test framework for Angular apps
- Plug-in architecture, allowing developers to customize the library for their own needs.
- Plugin system that allows developers to easily extend the library with additional functionality.
- Supports async/await syntax, making it easier to write asynchronous tests.
BDD / TDD assertion framework for node.js and the browser that can be paired with any testing framework.
- Easy integration with other libraries and frameworks.
- Ability to run tests in headless mode.
- Automated screenshots and video recordings.
A node.js library for testing modern web applications