A React scroll bar library has two types. A horizontal scroll bar enables to scroll the content window to the left or right. A vertical scroll bar lets the user scroll the content up or down. The CSS class name is added to the main scroll area component. The simple ScrollArea component is built for React. A scroll bar indicator is common to all these scrollable components. Normal scrolling moves the horizontal, and the SHIFT key moves the vertical scrollbar. Inline styles are applied to the vertical scrollbar's container. This prevents nested scroll areas from propagating scroll actions to parent scroll areas.
Types of Scroll bar:
The Custom scroll bar will be used to scroll the text inside the component. Before creating custom scrollbars, we should hide the native scrollbars to prevent interference. It would be nice to give our page a little scroll effect. We must set the minimum height of 20 px of the scroll box. It helps avoid the negative height of the scroll box in case of very big scrollable content. Wiring the up and down scroll buttons is straightforward. One benefit of using the library is that you get tons of options. It helps in animating the vertical scrolling of your application. React component that adds a horizontal scrollbar to the top of a component. Making custom css changes in scrollbars without using each line is useful.
Scrolling animations are implemented on many web pages, particularly with large content. It helps make scrolling better and less boring.
- Optimized performance.
- Lightweight (6KB gzipped).
- Flexibility and extendibility.
- Mobile compatibility.
- ngInfinite Scroll follows semantic versioning.
- It helps in implementing infinite scrolling.
- It accepts several attributes to customize the behavior of the directive.
- It eliminates the need for pagination.
- Mouse and touch support.
- Textarea and Body support.
- RTL Direction support. (with normalization)
- Simple and effective scrollbar styling.
TypeScript 2866 Version:v2.2.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- A lightweight jQuery vertical scroll-horizontal move plugin with a parallax effect.
- It's a lightweight plugin for jQuery.
- It's easy to set up and requires no configuration.
- Fast jQuery plugin for creating horizontal scrolling.
- The menu component has adaptive width and set width for the parent container.
- Items' width will be determined from CSS styles.
- For navigation, you can use a scrollbar, native touch scroll, mouse wheel, or drag by mouse.
- Components provide context with visible items and helpers.
- Easily customize the browser scroll bar. You can do so using a native OS scroll behavior.
- An easily designable cross-browser.
- Animations and scroll rate are exactly like a native scroll.
- It has the same design on all browsers.
- React component that monitors scroll events.
- It triggers the callbacks when it enters, exits, and progresses through the viewport.
- All callbacks include the progress and velocity of the scrolling. In the event, you want to manipulate stuff based on those values.
- React component or HTMLElement to render as the wrapper for the ScrollTrigger.
1. What is the main scroll area component of a React scroll bar library?
A scroll bar consists of a shaded shaft with an arrow button at each end and a scroll box between the arrow buttons.
2. Are there any nested scroll areas for React libraries?
NestedScrollView is like ScrollView. But it supports acting as both a nested scrolling parent and child on both new and old versions of Android. Nested scrolling is enabled by default.
3. Can a custom scroll bar with React Scroll Library be used?
Steps we need to perform
- Hide Browser's Native Scroll bar.
- Add Custom Scrollbar UI; this will be visible on mouse hover.
- Add a Custom scroll thumb in the scroll bar.
- Calculate scroll-thumb Height based on scrollable content.
- Change the scroll-thumb position on the mouse scroll in scroll-host.
- Change the scroll-thumb position on mouse drag.
4. How do you set up the content of the scroll area using this library?
Making a content area scrollable is done by using the CSS overflow property.
- Visible: The property indicates that it can be rendered outside the block box and is not clipped.
- Hidden: This property indicates that the overflow is clipped. The content will be invisible.
- Auto: If overflow is clipped, a scroll bar is automatically added for the rest of the content.
- Scroll: This property indicates that the scroll bar is added to see the rest of the content if it is clipped.
- Initial: This property sets to its default value.
- Inherit: This property inherits the property from its parent element.
We can turn off page scrolling by setting the body overflow property hidden.
5. Are there other features specific to React apps that make it easier to use React Scroll Library?
- Supports a wide range of browsers.
- Keyboard support
- Rich options & highly customizable.
- RTL support.
- It is a simple, powerful, and good documented API.
- It can be used without any dependencies or with jQuery.
- Automatic update detection