kandi X-RAY | r4ds Summary
kandi X-RAY | r4ds Summary
R for data science: a book
Top functions reviewed by kandi - BETA
r4ds Key Features
r4ds Examples and Code Snippets
Trending Discussions on r4ds
i'm having the following problem:
gtsummary to explore frequencies in a dataframe using cross variables.
So that i have a main variable
tobgp and its cross by multiple variables like
this is what i've done so far. Using the
esoph data from the package The R Datasets Package (datasets).
ANSWERAnswered 2022-Mar-28 at 15:29
you are pretty close and only needed a few modifications. the major change is adding in an
lapply() to loop through the
vars input to create a list of
tbl_summary objects. Then I create the tab spanner names from the inputs of
vars and append the
t0 table to the list created by the
lapply(). then you can pass
tbl_merge() with the names created with
tabspannername to dynamically label the tables.
I have 3 r scripts;
the two data files, run some math and generate 2 separate data files, which I save in my working directory. I then call these two files in graph1.r and use it to plot the data.
How can I organise and create an R project which has;
- these two data files - data1.r and data2.r
- another file which calls these files (graph1.r)
- Output of graph1.r
I would then like to share all of this on GitHub (I know how to do this part).
Here is the data1 script...
ANSWERAnswered 2022-Mar-20 at 07:25
I have broken my answer into three parts:
- The question in your title
- The reworded question in your text
- What I, based on your comments, believe you are actually asking
From RStudio, just create a new project and move your files to this folder. You can then initialize this folder with git using
You don't need to change anything in your example code. If you just place your files in a project folder they will run just fine.
An R project mainly takes care of the following for you:
- Working directory (it's always set to the project folder)
- File paths (all paths are relative to the project root folder)
- Settings (you can set project specific settings)
Further, many external packages are meant to work with projects, making many task easier for you. A project is also a very good starting point for sharing your code with Git.What would be a good workflow for working with multiple scripts in an R project?
One common way of organizing multiple scripts is to make a new script calling the other scripts in order. Typically, I number the scripts so it's easy to see the order to call them. For example, here I would create
00_main.R and include the code:
I've been trying follow the approach set out by Hadley Wickham for running multiple models in a nested data frame as per https://r4ds.had.co.nz/many-models.html
I've managed to write this code below to create the multiple linear models:...
ANSWERAnswered 2022-Feb-09 at 10:25
You have to specify the relevant arguments inside
map. There are two possibilities:
groups <- data.frame(group = c("A", "B"), Reels = c(155, 343), Fish = c(41, 221)) groups %>% ggplot(aes(x = group, y = Reels)) + geom_col() + labs( x = "Group", y = "Count" )
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Dec-30 at 21:35
Try this, with a text label thrown in for good measure:
So, I have this simple script which converts videos in a folder into a format which the R4DS can play....
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Nov-14 at 11:33
You cannot use
-name because the search is on the path now. My first solution was:
Earlier, I asked how to create [global environment objects from a tibble 1, which I have been able to do.
Now, I want to take the objects generated from the tibble to use in a function similar to this:...
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Oct-08 at 20:59
We may get those objects from the global env with
stack it to a two column data.frame
I'm very new to regular expressions, so my apologies if this is an obviously stupid question.
Suppose I have a string of the form (c"fair*", "beaut*") and I want to replace the asterisk (*) at the end by a caret (^) at the beginning: c("^fair", "^beaut"). How could I go about doing that using stringr? I have read this excellent introduction to regexp, but did not figure it out. I made several attempts with stringr::str_replace_all(), to no avail. The issue seems to be that the replacement in stringr::str_replace_all() can't be a regexp. Is that so? If yes, is there any other way to do this?...
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Sep-15 at 21:37
You can use
When I try to render the latest version of the book R for Data Science (R4DS), I get as far as LaTeX compilation, then am stopped by the following error message....
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Jun-24 at 01:15
It looks like I "solved" the problem by changing an option in the
_common.R file from
crayon.enabled=FALSE. This removed the ANSI escape sequences from the book. Previously I had tried setting
options(crayon.enabled=FALSE) in my R session, but this was evidently being overridden by the setting in
The R4DS book has the following code block:...
ANSWERAnswered 2021-Jun-10 at 18:08
We could use
proportions on the
table output after
subsetting to remove the
selecting the columns
The data is from
forcats package. So, load the package and get the data
No vulnerabilities reported
Reuse Trending Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter for trending solutions and developer bootcamps
Share this Page