18 Best C# Networking Libraries 2023
by Dhiren Gala Updated: Mar 7, 2023
Here are some of the famous C# Networking Libraries. C# Networking Libraries use cases include Building a Chat Application, Building an Online Multiplayer Game, building a Networked File Sharing Application, building a Networked Database Application, and Building a Networked Streaming Media Application.
C# networking libraries are the collection of classes and functions used to develop C# programming language network applications. These libraries provide functionality such as networking protocols, data transfer, encryption, and data storage. Examples of C# networking libraries include the .NET Framework Network Classes, System.Net, and OpenNETCF.
Let us have a look at these libraries in detail below.
- Supports many protocols such as RDP, VNC, SSH, Telnet, HTTP/HTTPS, and ICA/HDX.
- Rich plugin system to extend the functionality of the application.
- Powerful scripting engine to automate common tasks.
mRemoteNG is the next generation of mRemote, open source, tabbed, multi-protocol, remote connections manager.
C# 7513 Version:2023.03.03-v1.77.3-nb License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-2.0)
- Supports the latest websocket protocol specifications.
- Supports compression of websocket frames using the Per-Message Deflate extension.
- Actively maintained and regularly updated with new features and bug fixes.
A C# implementation of the WebSocket protocol client and server
C# 5107 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Serialization and Deserialization.
- Compact Binary Format.
- Supports Multiple Platforms.
Protocol Buffers library for idiomatic .NET
C# 4224 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Event-driven API.
- Protocol Agnostic.
- Built-in Pipeline.
DotNetty project – a port of netty, event-driven asynchronous network application framework
C# 3847 Version:v0.4.0 License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Built-in packet inspection tool that can be used to troubleshoot and diagnose network problems.
- Powerful tools for developers, such as a network traffic simulator.
- Allows users to configure, monitor, and control their network traffic quickly.
A powerful tool for managing networks and troubleshoot network problems!
C# 3659 Version:2023.5.21.0 License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)
- High-performance, extensible, and lightweight.
- Designed to be platform-agnostic.
- Supports Unity’s built-in Networking.
- High-performance TCP/IP networking stack.
- Pluggable architecture that allows developers to easily customize and extend the library to meet their specific needs.
- Provides a range of built-in security features.
Surging is a micro-service engine that provides a lightweight, high-performance, modular RPC request pipeline. support Event-based Asynchronous Pattern and reactive programming ,The service engine supports http, TCP, WS,Grpc, Thrift,Mqtt, UDP, and DNS protocols. It uses ZooKeeper and Consul as a registry, and integrates it. Hash, random, polling, Fair Polling as a load balancing algorithm, built-in service governance to ensure reliable RPC communication, the engine contains Diagnostic, link tracking for protocol and middleware calls, and integration SkyWalking Distributed APM
C# 3189 Version:1.0.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Supports many protocols such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, and SSL/TLS.
- Integrated packet capture engine to capture network traffic and save it in various formats.
- Monitor multiple networks simultaneously and can detect MITM attacks.
Network Analysis Tool
C# 2654 Version:v1.2.5 License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)
- Supports both client-server and peer-to-peer architectures.
- Provides reliable UDP messaging with the help of its own packet fragmentation and reassembly mechanism.
- Supports automatic NAT punchthrough for connecting to peers behind a firewall or router.
Lite reliable UDP library for Mono and .NET
C# 2627 Version:v1.1.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Supports SSL/TLS encryption and authentication.
- Provides native support for Windows, Linux, and macOS platforms.
- Includes an integrated logging framework.
MQTTnet is a high performance .NET library for MQTT based communication. It provides a MQTT client and a MQTT server (broker). The implementation is based on the documentation from http://mqtt.org/.
C# 2473 Version:v4.0.0-preview1 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Allows the user to select from a variety of attack types.
- Includes a graphical user interface.
- Includes a feature called “Hive Mind”, which allows users to join a “hive” and send requests in unison with other users.
Low Orbit Ion Cannon - An open source network stress tool, written in C#. Based on Praetox's LOIC project. USE ON YOUR OWN RISK. WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
C# 2274 Version:22.214.171.124 License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Highly extensible and can be used to create custom network protocols for games.
- Various functions are designed to facilitate communication between applications and the Steam network.
SteamKit2 is a .NET library designed to interoperate with Valve's Steam network. It aims to provide a simple, yet extensible, interface to perform various actions on the network.
C# 2234 Version:2.5.0-Beta.1 License: Weak Copyleft (LGPL-2.1)
- Flexible API.
- Robust Security.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility.
Ultra fast and low latency asynchronous socket server & client C# .NET Core library with support TCP, SSL, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebSocket protocols and 10K connections problem solution
C# 2017 Version:7.0.0 License: Permissive (MIT)
- Provides strong cryptography algorithms and secure communications protocols.
- Written in C#, it is easy to port to other platforms.
- Allows developers to extend the library for their specific use cases.
A C# implementation of the OpenID, OAuth protocols
C# 1713 Version:Current License: Others (Non-SPDX)
- Binary Serialization.
- Peer-to-peer Networking.
Lidgren Network Library
C# 1136 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Built-in support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
- Deep integration with the .Net Core platform.
- Provides an asynchronous, non-blocking programming model with no callbacks and no threads.
high performance dotnet core socket tcp communication components, support TLS, HTTP, HTTPS, WebSocket, RPC, Redis protocols, custom protocols and 1M connections problem solution
C# 1085 Version:1.8.1 License: Permissive (Apache-2.0)
- Provides a distributed object model that allows for objects to be shared across different instances without creating extra copies.
- Provides a unique set of tools for debugging and monitoring network traffic and performance.
- Allows for a more robust and reliable system than other libraries written in other languages.
High performance, low level networking APIs for building custom servers and clients.
C# 725 Version:Current License: Permissive (MIT)
- Spoofing allows users to hide their IP address when making network requests.
- The port scanning feature allows users to scan for open ports on a network.
- The mapping feature allows users to map a network and identify various devices, services, and connections.
Tool to analyze and test security in IPv4 and IPv6 data networks
C# 705 Version:0.1.4.0 License: Strong Copyleft (GPL-3.0)